VOLUNTEER CENTER / COMMUNITY CONNECTION
Program Coordinator II
Career Services Program
Description: Under the supervision of the Co-Director, the Program Coordinator II assumes responsibility for
the operation and development of the Career Services program, which provides employment services for adults
with psychiatric disabilities. Employment services include assisting program participants in addressing barriers
to employment, developing jobs with local community employers, helping program participants obtain
appropriate jobs and providing ongoing support for maintaining their employment.
• Coordinates employment services with The California Department of Rehabilitation and Santa Cruz
County Mental Health.
• Hires, trains and supervises team of employment specialists.
• Facilitates staff meetings and develops employment training materials for program participants and staff.
• Oversees contract compliance, service implementation and service documentation, including charting,
data tracking and preparing monthly/quarterly reports.
• Gives presentations about program services to referral sources, business leaders and potential employers.
• B.A. degree in related field and relevant experience
• Experience supervising staff and coordinating program/work team activities
• Experience working with persons with disabilities
• Experience with vocational rehabilitation and/or employment counseling.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, FileMaker, MAC computer systems
• Ability to work collaboratively with program participants, partner agencies and diverse community
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Personal or family experience as mental health consumer
• MA/MS Social Work or Rehabilitation Counseling
Position: 40 hours per week
Salary: $17.09 – $19.23 per hour, with benefits.
Closing Date: October 26, 2012
To Apply: Pick up a job description & application from Community Connection office in Santa Cruz.
Mail or fax application with resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Gerardo Sandoval email@example.com
300 Harvey West Blvd., Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Fax: (831) 425-4581 Phone: (831) 425-8132