Description: The consultant will assist the organization in analyzing their data needs. They will create several new data categories and reports (5 at most) to maximize the potential of the organization’s current database and if needed will reconfigure the data entry view portal(s). Download Database Refresh Project Description.
- Analyze organization’s current database system.
- Based on the organization’s database, make recommendations for customizing the database.
- Set-up the new data categories.
- Set up customized reports.
- May set up new data entry view portal(s).
- Provide training and written instruction to dedicated person(s) on utilizing the new functionality and features of the database.
Pro Bono Volunteer Prerequisites:
- At least 1 year of experience building database applications in the organization’s chosen software.
- Ability to concisely communicate information and train low-tech individuals in database functionality.
- Ability to clearly define the data that needs to be tracked/analyzed.
- Ability to clearly define the types of reports that need to be created.
- A dedicated project contact person(s) to facilitate the project with the Pro Bono volunteer.
Suggested Project Steps
- Initial Meeting
- Identify purpose of creating data categories.
- Identify purpose of customized reports.
- Determine if new data entry views will be needed to simplify the user interface.
- 2 – 3 collaborative draft review meetings between professional and organization.
- 1 final delivery meeting.
- 1 training meeting.