What will you do with your summer?
The Junior Volunteer Program seeks up to 35 dedicated youth interested in participating in summer service internships at local non-profit organizations.
Participants are placed, according to their skills and interests, to do valuable work in support of diverse causes including food distribution, child development, animal care, arts and creative empowerment, health, and environmental awareness. Non-profit agencies are stepping up to provide rewarding placements and training for youth, so they can develop their skills in a safe, enriching environment this summer.
During the six week program junior volunteers will:
- Work at their non-profit placement for a maximum of 4 hours per day for up to 4 days per week
- Attend job readiness and empowerment workshops
- Participate in service projects
- Attend fun field trips (go to an Oakland A’s Game and more!)
- Earn community service hours
The Junior Volunteers program aims to help youth recognize their passion, share their talent and realize their power to transform our community through service. Youth will have fun while amplifying their voice and impact in Watsonville and beyond!
- May 29: Applications Due (online or to the Watsonville Volunteer Center)
- June 4th: Mandatory student and parent orientation at the Watsonville Volunteer Center, 5-7pm
- June 9th: Students begin their volunteer job
- July 20th: Graduation Ceremony
Our non-profit placements this year include the Watsonville Environmental Science Workshop, Pajaro Valley Loaves & Fishes, SPCA Summer Camp, Watsonville Bike Shack, Jacob’s Heart, and Watsonville Volunteer Center.
We are now accepting applications. Fill out the online application.
For more information, please contact: